Experimenting


My treat to me for my birthday this week was to experiment with some ideas I had for screen printing. 

I'm not 100% sure I got it right, I think the birds egg blue needs to be lighter and the "little bird" need to stand out more, so needs to be a solid colour, and because of this I think these are going to be hand made into cards, or the little bird hand coloured with gouache or acrylic. 


I love experimenting, and it does seem like a treat as time doesn't always allow for experimentation! but I love that change, pushing out of your comfort zones and learning by making lots of "mistakes"!!
 There's a great quote which I always say to my kids when they make a "mistake" and get really frustrated and cross with themselves, and that is, 
"The person who doesn't make mistakes is unlikely to make anything" and it's so true! 

Comments

Popular Posts