my creative space...






I've been pondering on an idea for a piece of fabric art for a while and now I've taken action, 
Nuff pondering,
I'm now like the Lara Croft of the sewing world (only a whole lot sexier and with a firmer bottom of course!) 
Above is the beginnings, on a piece of Irish linen with an ornate border wove into it that I bought from e-bay. 
It's a kind of classic portrait in a traditional vintage book illustration stylie.

It's now progressed to this...



I'm trying to do a couple of hours a day...bit tricky amongst the Easter fun!

When it's finished I'm going to add the words 'She can charm the birds out of the trees' embroidered at the bottom and add lots of little birds....
I think!....
 it's a working progress, it changes every time I pick it up due to the large gaps of  time in between working on it! 
But it's taking shape I think, and is totally inspired by one of my little charmers...


Eeeee butter wouldn't melt.....she gets all her good looks from her mother...of course...

See more fab creative spaces at Kootoyoo!...the Lara Croft of the knitting world...what she can't do with a pair of needles...

Comments

  1. That is beautiful! I love all the little details, like the zip, collar and bird on her pocket. Can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - you have such a great eye for detail, colour and texture. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, love the little bird sitting on her pocket, is it destined for a special event or person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful, such a peacful face and lovely details everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is gorgeous, what will you do with the finished product?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! The art & the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little bird, and the zip! Can't wait to see it finished....no pressure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love to pop by at your blog, Lisa. Always so inspiring and so many things to see and learn from. Loving the fabric arts and the combination details you done so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you really have created a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An inspiring piece but please don't leave the rogue apostrophe in the title when you embrioder it on! An apostrophe should only be used to show possession (the tree's branch) or a missing letter. It's not used for plural words (trees)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. Giggling at the thought of a Lara Croft of the crafting world! That is just beautiful. Amazing work. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your lovely words, and thanks 'The shopping Sherpa' for correcting my grammar, it's lovely to know your checking my spelling before I make a mistake! I was known as 'dyslexic Lise' at college, I'm a terrible speller, and having a thick Yorkshire accent doesn't help my grammar!! So thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lisa, it's lovely. beautifully stitched and is just so perfectly your own creative style. Take your time and enjoy it. The best things take time, what's the rush?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're taking it the right way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely blog, how do I follow?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts